Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Ok...so I'm a little bit late!

Hello there!
Well, I made this card for both the Play Date Cafe Challenge and this weeks CASE Study Challenge however, due to time and technical constraints was not able to post it in time - doh! 
Anyway, I figured as I'd made it and already taken the photographs I may as well upload it :)

This/last weeks offering for the CASE Study Challenge by muse, Dawn Woleslagle....


And this/last weeks image for the Play Date Cafe's Colour Splash (it's lovely!)..........



I looove black and white with a touch of colour - especially red.  I think the contrast is really striking.  I'm a little annoyed as I've always seen the Play Date Cafe's Colour Splash challenges and wanted to enter - the first chance I get and I miss it!  Ah well, maybe next time eh?!  :)

Without further ado....here it is my adaptation.......



I know that the link to the CASE Study may seem a little tenuous - I went with the homemade background image using one of my favourite stamps from the SU! set 'Bliss'. 
I wanted to mute the red of the flower a little (plus I was listening to rock music at the time and must've been feeling a little 'gothy'!) so I inked the edges with some charcoal ink and it actually turned out better than I expected, which is always a good thing, no?!  I then did a little hand stitching in a random pattern to create the centre of the flower :)

Thanks for stopping by and I'll try and get the next ones in ON TIME! :)








Supplies
Card:       White and Black 220gsm, Red 200gsm
Stamps:  Stampin Up! Bliss Set, Personal Impressions Circle Tags Set
Ink:          VersaColor Pigment Ink - Charcoal, White
Others:   Cosmic Shimmer True White embossing powder, rhinestones

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!