Thursday, 28 July 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge #92 and CASE Study Challenge 50

Good Evening!
So as to ensure a repeat of last week didn't occur, I am posting my entries for the Play Date Cafe Challenge and the CASE Study Challenge today!  One extreme to the other hey!

The Play Date Cafe colour story was really daunting for me - I don't do pink!  So, this was not an easy task! 

Chupa at CASE Study has chosen another little gem by Dawn Woleslagle today and I don't really feel I've done it justice. 



I think my mojo has upped and left for a while so apologies in advance - I'm not sure I'm really feeling this card?!  When I look at it I can't see anything fundamentally wrong with it, there's just something missing or something that's not right?  It might have something to do with the fact I've been staring at it for waaaaay too long!  I don't know, there's always time to have another go at it hey!  If anyone has any suggestions then I would love to hear them - it's bugging me now!

Ok, here is my card.......

I took my inspiration from the lampshade arrangement from the Play Date Cafe Colour Story, along with the colours, and the layout from Dawn's card.  I tried to add a mixture of colours and textures like the lampshades and added some dimensional adhesive behind a few of the cirlces for a bit more interest.  Those little rhinestones are a pale pink - you can't really see that in the photograph though can you?!

I wonder if my brain is too graphical for such delicately soft colours?!  Hmm, could be it!

Thank you once again for reading my ramblings  :)  I'm hoping my mojo makes a swift recovery - watch this space!








Supplies
Card:       White 220gsm, Pastel Pink paper and wallpaper samples (shh, don't tell anyone!) from stash
Stamps:  Stampendous! Congratulations G011
Ink:          Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Victorian Velvet
Others:   Embossing folders - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and D'Vine Swirls, Craft Concepts Cottage Floral,
                pale pink rhinestones

14 comments:

  1. Love this card, I too doubled up on these two challenges as I missed out before,
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used the circle lampshades as inspiration, great textures and colours :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're being too hard on yourself! It looks great to me! I love the modern interpretation of using the circles instead of flowers. So glad you played along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is FABULOUS!!! LOVE how you use the PDCC colours...PERFECT! I know that feeling of "something" bugging you and you don't know what it is!! I have often asked for input too...but no one seems to give LOL I think people are worried that what they may suggest may offend....after studying you card the ONLY thing I can think of is that I probably would have put the larger circles on the bottom as an anchor and the other circles gradually getting smaller as one goes up the card :)Just a thought, not sure if it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great to me and LOVE the colours with the circles clustered together. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sian,
    I felt the same about my card this week, but I think your's is the prettiest one out of all the entries this week. I love the texture, and different shades and colours you've put toegther I think I may have to give the Play Date challenge a go now!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card...don't be so hard on yourself,you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What?! Lost your mojo? Girl, this is gorgeous! LOVE all those textured circles! Such a beautiful take on the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this, very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, I love how you used circles and all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Case Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is lovely, such a great idea to use circles instead! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your CASE is fantastic! Love the layered circles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card it is beautiful. Maybe you are just like me LOL and the pink will always bug you (per your comment on my blog) so maybe that is why you are not "feeling it". It is a lovely card thank you for showing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!