Thursday, 18 August 2011

It's Thursday...which means CASE Study #53 and Play Date Cafe 95!

Hello and welcome!

I'm on the ball this week with the CASE Study and the Play Date Cafe challenges!  They're both good ones too - as usual  :)

At CASE Study this week, as part of the anniversary month celebrations, we are all to CASE the one and only Iwona Palamountain!! (Chupa)  Chupa is the wonderful founder of the CASE Study challenge and it's only right that as part of the first anniversary party she should be celebrated!  There are hundreds, possibly thousands of wonderful designs on her blog - so talented!

I spent quite some time looking through Chupa's blog and I finally decided to CASE this card;


Now, I know that you're going to think this is a real cop out because it's the card that Chupa herself chose to CASE this week; but if it's good enough for the wonderful Chupa then it's good enough for me!  I had a whole bunch of her cards in my shortlist, I shall attempt another CASE before the deadline if I get the opportunity!

I combined this CASE Study challenge with the colour story challenge over at the Play Date Cafe today.  I haven't had a chance to play over there for a few weeks so I've made sure I got to play this week!  I'm always surprised by the colour combinations that they come up with - amazing!  maybe I just don't have a very good imagination and that's why I don't come up with them myself?  I love it though, it really stretches me.  Here are this week's colours;


Navy...Bubblegum...Leaf Green

Aren't they so summery!!?

Trying to channel my inner Chupa and these colours, this is what I came up with;



I stamped the background with a small medallion-type stamp from Personal Impressions' Frames and Swirls set.  It's one I've never used on a card before and I'm pleased it's having it's time to shine! 

I think the 'mechanics' behind this card are pretty obvious so I shan't bore you with the details. If there's anything you'd like to know however, then just leave me a comment or drop me an email and I'll be happy to oblige :)

A little bit more Calligraphy on this one too  :)  It's been quite some time since I've done any real Calligraphy, but I'm starting to get back into it.  And I'm enjoying it!  I'm using it more on my cards now and I'm thinking about doing a nice set of Christmas cards that are mostly, or even solely done with pen and ink - I haven't quite worked out what I'm going to do yet, but watch this space!  I used the Durer Caps and basic Gothic alphabets on this card, if anyone's interested!

As always, thank you for your time, I hope you enjoyed it!








Supplies:
Card:      White 220gsm; Dark Blue 190gsm; Great Expressions Textured Card - Mid Pink
Stamps:  Personal Impressions - Frames and Swirls
Ink:         VersaColor - Lapis Lazuli; Distress Ink - Crushed Olive, Victorian Velvet, Broken China; 
                     Windsor & Newton Calligraphy Ink - Dark Blue
Other:     Rhinestones; ribbon; Olive and Forest Green sewing thread

14 comments:

  1. Ahahaha! I had to chuckle at your "channeling the inner Chupa" bit! :D
    I'm so humbled by your sweet comment about my work, and your amazing take on my card! I love how the soft blues are paired with a pop of colour, and the distressing adds some lovely texture. Thank you for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great CASE of Chupa's card...and with your lovely calligraphy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you definitely channelled your inner Chupa! :) Your caligraphy is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunner!! I haven't had chance to look through Chupa's blog yet but think it may take some time!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards. Really liking the PDCC card, so bright and would help anyone get better very soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This s great - I think you've got the "inner Chupa"!! Love your calligraphy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! Love that stamped background and that flower is divine :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, and excellent case! Fabulous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The calligraphy looks fabulous! I love the soft muted colours on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hello, inner Chupa! THat's a good CASE of CHupa's card, and I like your tie-in to the Play Date CAfe colors. Thanks for making time to play with us at The CAfe, Sian!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous CASE Sian...in your own wonderful style! The colors are beautiful and the calligraphy really adds to the charm! Love the flowers, too! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study and the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful tribute to Iwona's card, you have certainly added in your own flair with the beautiful layered flower and the white background!
    Thanks for sharing with us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out wonderfully! You really combined the two challenges so well and your card is marvelous! I love that unique ribbon too. Thank you so much for playing along this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!