Monday, 25 June 2012

CASE Study Challenge #96

Hello there!

I am back this week with my entry for the CASE Study Challenge.  I really thought it was going to be a challenge as the card chosen this week, as adorable as it is, is so far from my style and comfort zone that I was expecting to really struggle.  Luckily, when I sat down with the colours in mind, this card just flowed.  I really enjoyed making it and I was surprisingly pleased with how it turned out!  (Without meaning to sound arrogant - you guys know that feeling I'm sure!)

Here's the inspiration card from Joy Taylor;


I decided, if slightly subconsciously, to take my inspiration from the colours rather than the layout like I did last week.

Here's my card;



Ok, so I've used Teal rather than Turquoise, but I'm sure you guys will let me off - they're part of the same colour family after all :)

As always, let me know what you think, I always appreciate your feedback and I WILL have the opportunity to make more of an effort to reply to you all!  I visit far too many blogs without leaving comments - naughty Sian!

Thanks for stopping by :)








Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Teal, Dark Brown, Ivory Linen
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Day Essentials
Ink:         VersaColor - Brown
Others:   Crafty Ribbons Seam Binding - Latte, Leandro Blue; Pearls - Sea Blue

4 comments:

  1. soooo gorgeous, I adore the colors, the double ribbon bow, and the scattered pearls...sweeet....have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the seam binding! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colours and distressing! Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ribbon treatment Sian, I love the crumpled style, never seems to look right when I try it, just looks like I found a bit of screwed up ribbon on the floor!! Oh well!!
    Can't believe how many cards you've made since I lasted visited!!! Busy girl
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!