Sunday, 10 February 2013

CASE Study Challenge...

Yay!!

I have always looked forward to Thursdays as that is CASE Study day!  However, it has been an unacceptably long time since I've actually managed to participate!

I did make a card for the last week of Amber's muse stint, but I never managed to post it so I thought I'd pop it on here now with the card for challenge #127 which I HAVE managed to post before the deadline!  Doh!

Here was the inspiration for challenge #126;


And my late card!



Right, now on to current affairs!  The new muse for this month is Teri Anderson and here is this weeks fabulous inspiration card;



And here is my on-time card!


As you can see, I decided to go with the layout and the colours.  One day a card of mine will turn out exactly like it is in my head - I cannot wait!  The circumstances behind this card are very sad, but hopefully will bring a smile to its recipient.  Just before Christmas a good friend of ours was killed at his works' Christmas party. It was very shocking for all of us, especially his wife, and sadder still that he was only 36 years old.  Due to the ongoing investigation, we were only able to put him to rest this past Monday.  I had the opportunity to speak with the funeral director who is a fabulous woman.  She put herself out on the Sunday prior to the funeral to allow myself and my partner to pay our respects to our friend privately and her kindness was overwhelming.  When I saw her at the service to following day she gave me a great big hug and unfortunately set me off again and made me sob right in her ear!  Anyway, I know that she has been a great help and comfort to our friend in her struggle to make sense of what has happened and I thought that she deserved a small card in way of thanks for all she has done over the last few months.  I hope she likes it :)

I wanted it to be a bright, happy card.  She is surrounded by such sadness all the time that I thought some bright flowers might be welcome!

Sorry if this post seems a bit morbid, that really wasn't my intention!  I am just so pleased that there are still people in this world whose kindness and understanding shine through no matter what the circumstances and touch total strangers in such a positive way :)

Thank you for stopping by! :)








Supplies

Card One
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Pale Turquoise, Sky Grey, Black
Stamps: Papermania - Art Deco
Ink:        VersaColor - Black
Other:    Spellbinders - Fancy Tags Three; Craft Concepts - Jo's Circles e/f; WOW! - Ebony e/p; thread

Card Two
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Lilac, Coral Pink, Pale Turquoise, Orange, Primrose; Parcel paper
Stamps: Verve - Bloom & Grow
Ink:        VersaColor - Black
Other:    Spellbinders - Anemone Flower Toppers; WOW! - Ebony e/p; pearls

3 comments:

  1. What a sad, but heartfelt story, Sian. How tragic for your friend and all concerned. But this card is sure to bring a smile throughout all that sadness. LOVE the first card too and the black frame. Hope all is well :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study! Cool to see you over there :) Laters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sian sorry to hear of your friend - your card will be appreciated and treasured. Your Case card that was too late is beautiful - that black frame just demands attention, your card for this week is cheery and colorful and absolutely beautiful! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - your card is beautiful and that sentiment is perfect.
    Such a shame you didn't link up that first card in time, but I'm sure glad you shared it still! Love it!
    Thank for studying along with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!