Tuesday, 30 April 2013

CASE Study silhouette...

Hello there ladies and gentleman!

How is everyone?  Feeling better than I am I hope!  Would you Adam and Eve it (that is 'believe it' in rhyming slang for those of you across the pond who may not have got that - Michelle told me to keep up the colloquialisms, so I am!) the first sunshine of the year shows itself and I come down with a cold!!  What is that about?!  I woke up at 3:30am unable to breathe and then unable to sleep from thereon in - typical!  Anyway, that's enough whinging about my 'bird flu'...back to the cards :)

I have made a card for this week's CASE Study challenge.  I have to say, this isn't my first attempt.  I made one on Thursday when the challenge opened and wasn't impressed with it at all.  I thought it might become a grower...it didn't!  So, I have made another card using JJ Bolton's fab card as the inspiration...


...how cool is that card?!  Here is my take...



As you can see, hopefully, I went with the ink blending (although now I'm looking at it on the screen, it's not quite as 'blended' as I'd like), sky theme and silhouette.  I stamped the sentiment and then heat embossed it in black and white, inverted as you can see.  I really wasn't sure if this was going to work, but nothing ventured nothing gained eh?!  I'm pretty pleased with this one as when I was half way through it I thought it would be another one for the recycling graveyard!

Apologies for the slightly nonsensical rambling today (worse than usual!) my lack of sleep over the past few days is starting to catch up with me!

Thanks so much for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black
Stamps: SU! - Just Believe; Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions
Ink:        SU! - Black; Ranger - Perfect Medium; Distress Ink - Milled Lavender, Wild Honey, Victorian
             Velvet
Other:    WOW! - Ebony, Opaque White super fine e/p; pearls

3 comments:

  1. I think this turned out beautifully! I love the colors in your blended background and the black and white sentiment is very clever and very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sian, this is beautiful! I love how you were inspired by the ink blending :) Cute saying too, eh? ;) Laters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully inked/blended background! I love the split sentiment too...perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!