Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Wish me luck...!!

Hey guys!

I am feeling brave today and putting myself forward for two awesome design teams!  Aaargh - I hope I'm good enough!

The CASE Study challenge blog are asking for anyone who would like to join their team to create a project based on their personal muse.  A designer who's work they adore.  This for me was a little tough as there are so so many fabulous designers out there, you made it difficult to choose!  But, when I thought about it for a minute, it could be only one.  Erum of VIBGYOR Krafts.  If you remember, I CASE'd one of her cards only a little while ago for fun, to get my mojo back in the room!  Well, I figured I should do a new CASE of her work as the one I already made probably wouldn't count :)  (Any excuse, eh?!!)  I'll get on to the card I chose in a minute...

The other team looking for a new addition is Addicted To CAS.  I am, indeed, addicted to CAS as I'm pretty sure anyone who has perused my blog will agree with  :)  The current challenge over there is 'Flower' and to be considered for the DT then all you have to do is enter the challenge and pop 'DT' next to your name.

This is Erum's gorgeous card...


Look at that bad boy!!!  I chose to use the doily and circle elements, the colours and the horizontal piece...


I don't do the shabby thing quite as well as Erum, or anyone for that matter!  But the point was to keep it in my style whilst drawing on the creative genius that is Erum ;)  I am really pleased with how this card turned out...it's certainly more layers and embellishments than I would normally use, but it came together really organically...I hardly had to think about it!

I'm going to pop this one into the CAS-ual Fridays Birthday Bash challenge - this theme came along just at the right time what with me making a whole batch of birthday cards for my Mum!



So...wish me luck guys and let me know what you think :)

Thanks for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Ocean Blue, Pale Turquoise, Raspberry Pink
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Fancy Flourishes & Scallops & Dots; Verve - Wishful Elegance
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium; VersaColor - Black; Distress Ink - Broken China, Crushed Olive
Other:    WOW! - Opaque White super fine and Ebony e/p; Spellbinders - Small & Large Circles; Tim
              Holtz - Tattered Florals die; Doily; pearls; glitter glue

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sian, what a gorgeous dynamic card with striking colours and a great design. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck with the DT call.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck sian, btw the card is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a VERY nice CASE, Sian! Well done! Wow! Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful CASE of a gorgeous card...fab inspiration! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CASE card is really beautiful. Good luck with your design team applications. You would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree totally with Joyce, Sian! And I think you might have another winner here. You are so cute and humble and then, BAM, winner! This card is an awesome CASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sian! I am speechless and so humbled that you chose to CASE my card.. and what a wonderful CASE it is! Good luck for the DT spot, I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty doily card...love the pretty flowers on it and the flourishes on the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the doily and flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with our Birthday Bash at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!