Thursday, 2 May 2013

You are so loved...

Hi guys!

How are we all?  Good I hope :)

On my work bench today CASE Study met the Play Date Cafe met CASology.

Over at CASE Study this month the marvellous muse for us all is Maile Belles - isn't that just the prettiest name?!  Her work is just as beautiful :)

Here is the card to CASE this week...

This week at the Play Date Cafe is colour splash time!  This is my favourite - black, white and a splash of a specified colour!  This week's splash colour is magenta...



And last, but certainly not least, I am entering the challenge at CASology this week (it's been way too long since I had a chance to play along with this one!) where the cue word is - Care.  Who doesn't need to let a loved one know how much they are thought of?  The idea is to make a card for someone who you care for and then actually POST it!  How many of us make cards that end up in a box for another time?!  It's about time we sent a few more hey!  



My card is for my dear friend on the other side of the planet!  (She lives in Australia)  She's going through it a bit at the moment.  I hadn't heard from her for a while and was starting to get a little worried, so I emailed her.  Turns out she's been having a bad time but didn't want to burden me with it...how ridiculous!  I have sent her a reply stating that that's exactly what friends are for and not to be so silly!  In order to try and cheer her up a bit, I am going to send her this card so that hopefully she knows she's not alone :)



I really enjoyed making this card as it stretched me and has added a new technique to my skill set!  I have never tried this half embossing/half cutting thing before and I'm not too proud to admit that it took me a few attempts to get it just how I wanted it!  I really like the effect though and shall have to remember to use it again.  These sentiment stamps are from a Paper Smooches set which is new to me, thanks to Chupa!  I was lucky enough to win her blog candy giveaway to celebrate her new blog site - that girl is just too generous!  I'm very grateful to her for the gifts she sent me ;)  You'll be seeing more 'new' goodies round here as I make my way through them all!!

Thank you for stopping by girls and guys ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper mill Direct - White, Black, Raspberry Pink
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Chit Chat; Penny Black - Giving & Receiving
Ink:        VersaColor - Black, Magenta
Other:    Spellbinders - Anemone Flower Toppers; WOW! - Ebony and Clear e/p; rhinestones

17 comments:

  1. absolutely perfect!
    xo,
    Erum

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous clean and simple card! Your friend will love this! So glad you joined in on the fun this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how you've achieved your 'splash' of colour! This is clean and graphic and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love how the magenta peeps through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the theme - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-218.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a fabulous friend, Sian! This card is awesome! I'm sure your friend will deeply appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Sian...those popped up flowers are something I am dying to try...beautiful card and I hope your friend is feeling better very soon, this card will certainly cheer her up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous card... the flower is amazing! thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah! I'm lovin' the dimension of those leaves!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thise three challenges met beautifully! What a cool, graphic, fun card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flower treatment! very cool and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, so clean & crisp. I'm loving the dimension of the flower too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is just fabulous! I love the way the color peeks out from behind the die cut flower - an absolutely perfect color splash! So glad you could join us for the Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the die cut flower and splash of colour! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study and hope you'll play agian!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you've revealed the underlying color! What a fabulous take on the original card...and so unique too! This is the way it's done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!