Thursday, 25 July 2013

CASE Study Christmas...

Hey guys!

How y'all doing?  Just a quick post today as my bed is calling me!

I'm here with an entry for the CASE Study Challenge.  It has been an inexcusably long time since I played along, but here I am...better late than never! :)

This week is the last week of July's fabulous Muse, Jocelyn Olson.  Here is her inspiration card...


Don't you just love this?!!!  I love the bright splashes of colour and tried to emulate this in my card.  As I'm still on a bit of a Christmas kick I thought I'd incorporate that into the design too and come up with something a little non-traditional (to say the least!)


I had this idea in my head that I was going to make my 'splodges' (I can't think of another word for it at this time of night...apologies) by stamping a variety of snowflakes in pink and yellow and it was going to turn out perfect...hmmm.  This is the second go at trying to find the right shape/size/density snowflakes to use together, bla, bla bla...you all know how this one goes!  I think I might like it...I'm not entirely sure yet...I don't think I ever will be because it doesn't look the way I had imagined...hmmm.  I also envisaged a nice big, black, bold Christmas sentiment right in the middle too...until I realised I don't have a stamp like that...that was a bit of a bummer!  Sooo, I popped these three sentiments together and I'm quite happy with how they look...very multi-cultural/lingual and inclusive ;)

What d'ya think?  I love getting feedback from you all...and I want the honest truth people because I'm feeling a bit nonplussed about this one and I'd love to hear your opinions :)

Thanks as always for stopping by ;)
  








Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Raspberry Pink
Stamps: Penny Black - Crystalline; Verve - Glad Tidings
Ink:        VersaColor - Magenta; Papermania - Yellow
Other:    Pearls

3 comments:

  1. I like it! Has the look of fireworks for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love the bursts of Christmas stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sian, managed to get a few mins to check out your blog!! wow this is amazing, I think the splodges DID turn out perfectly.
    Can't wait to see your next creation
    love Kelly and Grace xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!