Thursday, 15 August 2013

a rainbow birthday...

Hello and good morning!

I have managed to have a go at the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge this week, although talk about cutting it a bit fine huh?!!  That's just the way I roll ;)  I have missed joining in on my favourite challenges of late and CTS is up there as one of my favourites, as is CASE Study.  This card is also inspired by the fabulous Jennifer McGuire who is the Muse over at CASE Study this month.  And yes, I have already missed the deadline for that one, but I thought I'd add it in anyway ;)

Because time is a ticking I'll try not to waffle on too much today :)  The sketch for this week was really interesting, I just never think to spin my sentiments and have them perpendicular, I think it's my OCD!  However, I did force myself this time as that's what the sketch dictated and I'm pleased I did.

This is a seriously simple card that took much longer to make than it looks - don't you find that always happens with simple cards...here it is...



...based on this sketch...



The sketch made me wish I had a pretty flower die like that...something else for the never ending wish list!  It's so elegant :)

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some more cards to show you all :)  Thank you as always for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Bright Red, Citrus Orange, Daffodil, Spring Green, Ocean Blue,
             Grape, Lilac
Stamps: Stamping All day - Art Deco Birthday
Ink:        VersaColor - White
Other:    WOW! - Opaque Bright White e/p 

6 comments:

  1. wonderful panel of colors paired with the stark black strip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sian, this is gorgeous! I love the black sentiment strip against the rainbow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Sian! Love the bold colors and yet very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! I never got round to thanking you for our lovely engagement card. It was beautiful. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, simple cards always take longer to plan and longer to execute!!!! Well worth it though, this one looks perfect!!
    Love kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally going in my CASE folder, Sian! This would be perfect for anyone, any age, any sex, especially for a pesky guy card!!

    I mean guy cards are pesky in that they are hard to make, not that you made this card for that one pesky guy you know. Don't we all have one pesky guy in our lives (besides sometimes our husbands!)?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!