Friday, 17 January 2014

First Christmas card of the year!!...

Hello, hello!

Yep, I have made my first Christmas card of 2014!  And, even more exciting than that, it is for the CASE Study Challenge that I have missed way too often lately!!  New year, new beginning and all that...I am going to try and keep up with my favourite challenges, play along with the new ones that I've seen spring up already and try not to let any of them fall by the way side - I don't want any of them feeling left out ;)

The Muse over at CASE Study this month is the fabulous Donna Mikasa - it is almost impossible not to be inspired by her work - she's awesome!  Even I, with Mr. Mojo having gone on the trot, managed to come up with a card - so for you guys it should be a breeze!  



Now I don't know about you...but I'm not sure where 'CASE-ing' ends and 'copying with the materials you have' begins?!  I have a feeling it's somewhere around here!!  ;)  I have to admit though, I didn't realise that Donna had used sequins and splatters as I didn't have the image in front of me when I was making my card so I think maybe great minds just think alike :)  Mine are water splatters though rather than ink ones, so there's a difference there :)


Despite the cards being very close in nature, I still like Donna's more!  I don't know, maybe mine will be a grower or maybe it's a lesson to me that I shouldn't try to craft as early in the morning as I did?!

Ah well, it's one Christmas card down for Christmas 2014 - there's only 341 days to go you know peoples!!  :)

Thank you for stopping by ;)









P.S. I'm still not impressed with Blogger making my images look so grey - I can't possibly increase the exposure on my camera or on the Photoshop filter any more else it'll just be a white image!!  Please Blogger...you can do this, just change the algorithm back to the way it used to be!!


Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White
Stamps: Wild Rose Studios - Let It Snow; Bo Bunny - Sentiment Stamps
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium; Distress Ink - Broken China
Other:    WOW! - White Pearl e/p; sequins

6 comments:

  1. You did a brilliant CASE of Donna's card, Sian! To me CASEing can be anything from a direct copy to the viewer cocking her head and thinking, "Mmmmm, I'm not really seeing it." I believe that even when you copy directly it is a) still a compliment to the originator of how much their work inspired you; and b) never truly a duplicate because each of us has SOME nuance that makes their card art their own. Does that make sense?

    In this case, since you didn't have Donna's image in front of you than it is truly an instance of great minds thinking alike! WOW! And I don't think either one of your cards is better than the other. That's the wonderful thing about this community. For the most part it is judgment-free and you rarely see fierce competitions in an attempt to be the best because, like I said, we each have our own innate style that comes through, even subtlety.

    Well, now that I've written a book as I am wont to do, would you like me to print it up and send you an autographed copy? LOL!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG get you, christmas cards already, very pretty Sian!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your take is perfect. Though your design is similar, there are touches that are just you! There are no rules, just be inspired :) Thanks for playing along at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger is messing with your photos, and it's messing with my comments sticking. Argh! Once again, I'm diving in to cheer and applaud #1. your first Christmas card (you've 100% ahead of me - nary a one in my stash), and #2. the beauty of what you've created. Yes, Donna's card is gorgeous, as is yours, because though some elements are similar (yes, great minds obviously do think alike, as your creative genius reveals here!), yours is infused with your unique style, flair, interpretation and 'essence'; your "nuances" as Darnell so eloquently explained.' This isn't "Donna's card as made by Sian"; it's YOUR card through and through. And I think it's lovely x 10000000!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card. Love the soft inking over the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!