Sunday, 15 June 2014

CASE Study, I'm back!...

Howdily doodily people!

I hope those of you who are celebrating Father's Day today are enjoying it and have some great plans for the day ;)  I do have some cards to share for this occasion, you'll see them at the end of this post.

Firstly though, I'm here with a card I made for this weeks' CASE Study challenge.  It has been such a long time since I managed to join in with this one and I'm really pleased!

Here's my card...


I really enjoyed making this bad boy!  It was super simple and super satisfying...I have to say I quite like it :)  As many of you will know, this is not my go-to colour palette AT ALL, but I'm surprisingly happy with it and the kind of 'rustic' look - let's face it, it's as rustic as I'm going to get!!   Ordinarily, it would really upset me where the ink has missed slightly on the texture of the card - this would've been headed for the bin!  However, I think it works for this card and I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to question it too much else I'll end up re-making it!

Here is the beautiful card to be CASE'd this week...

How pretty!

Now, here are the Father's Day cards that I mentioned earlier...



I'll be honest, I made FIVE of the first one!  I had a few to make this year for our Fathers and for other people too...and being as none of these Fathers know each other I thought it would be ok!  ;)  This second one was a special request for a golf-mad Dad, I hope he likes it, his daughter did!  This card was made using the sketch from Retro Sketches last week, but I missed the deadline to post it on here, despite having made it well in advance!  Hmmm, a recurring theme lately, especially as I've just extended my hours at work!  



However, it's not too late to add these to two other challenges - thankfully!  The Recipe Swap at Catered Crop at the moment is 'Manly Men' so Father's Day fits the bill perfectly!  The first card is also being entered in CAS-ual Fridays challenge - CFC132 What A Catch.  A masculine card with NO kraft coloured card AND using a ribbon!  It wasn't as difficult as I first thought it might be :)






Paper Mill Direct are also hosting a challenge - the theme of which is 'June'.  As Father's Day falls in June, this is my entry :)





Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend ;)










Supplies

CASE Study Card
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White felt embossed, Buff, Mocha
Stamps: Verve - Bloom & Grow; Waltzingmouse Stamps - Big Day Additions
Ink:        Versamark; Distress Ink - Crushed Olive
Other:    WOW! - Metallic Copper e/p

Father's Day Card One
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Sky Blue, Smooth Grey
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Vignette: Retro Mod Shapes
Ink:        Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade, Broken China; Windsor & Newton - Dark Blue
Other:    Crafty Ribbons - Sky Blue seam binding

Father's Day Golf Card
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Smooth Grey, Apple Green, Buff
Stamps: None!
Ink:        Windsor & Newton - Black
Other:    Spellbinders - Small Circles; Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots e/f

7 comments:

  1. Great to see you back! A trio of fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful group, I came by to see your CASE Study card (which I love) and I got to see a few more cuties. cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful cards Sian! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! Lots of great cards! The Father's day cards are fab. I'm lovin the one for CASE - the green leaves and banner sentiment look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trio of terrific here, Sian - each one utterly amazing! The missed ink on the first (some seriously squinting required to see that *grin*) only complements the 'rustic-ness' of your handsome card (have to use 'guy' words to compliment your creations here). I'm quite smitten with the effect (I have a 'thing' for bad boys...) and such a perfect take on the the challenge. The other two are tremendous in their own right! The personalized golf one: brilliant (of course it was received enthusiastically by both daughter and dad!) and the graphic one is striking as a 'manly man' card! Five of those: yes!! Once again, your creativity dazzles and delights!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great cards!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All great cards here, Sian! Your geometric Father's Day card is perfect for the occasion. Thanks for linking it up to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!