Wednesday 10 April 2013

Retro, baby...!

Hellooo!

Today I am here with a happy card - the best kind huh?!!  :)  On Monday, my friends' daughter had a little baby boy!  They've called him Tommy and he is just gorgeous!  I haven't seen him in the flesh yet :(  but the photo my friend showed me was just adorable :)

So, I had cause to make a baby card.  I used this Retro Sketches sketch;


At first, I thought the sketch looked a little busy for me, but after looking through the DT examples I was convinced to have a go :)  Here is what I came up with;


I used patterned paper - in fact I used TWO patterned papers!!  I do love papers, however I never feel like I can make them look right; therefore I have a large stash of them and very seldom do they actually get their debut!  Well, not today!

I hope Kim (the new Mum) and her family are enjoying their beautiful new addition - I can't wait to meet him!  This card will be on its way to them this afternoon :)

Thanks for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Sky Blue; K&Co - Best Of
Stamps: Verve - Hope Blooms, Sunny Days; Stamping All Day - Baby Footprints
Ink:        VersaColor - Cyan; Rangers - Perfect Medium
Other:    Spellbinders - Small and Large Classic Circles; WOW! - Pastel Yellow and Pastel Blue e/p; 
             whisper white wool; pearls; Tonic double corner punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!