Friday 27 September 2013

Retro Friday!...

Hi guys!

Are you all looking forward to your weekend?  I am hoping to get some time at my desk to have a go at all the fabulous challenges I love, we'll see how that goes hey?!  I'm sure my DOH will have many plans for us which will invariably involve hard work - he's on a plastering mission at the moment (we are STILL renovating our house!) and I have a horrible feeling I'm going to get roped in to being a joey of sorts.  Part of me hopes that he'll want a rest for at least one day this weekend because he's had a particularly hard week at work this week :)  That makes me sound very lazy, which I absolutely am not, it just gets a bit much sometimes :)  We have a kitchen to fit next week for a client so I don't want to be pooped!

Anyway, that's not why you're here - it's a card blog!!  I made this card a few days ago but haven't had a chance to post it and therefore have missed the Festive Friday deadline!  Doh!  (That one is the actual 'Simpson' sound, not my darling other half!)  Luckily, I made this card using the sketch at Retro Sketches this week - which is particularly awesome!  I will almost definitely be using this sketch over and over again - it's wonderful :)

So, here's my card...


I decided to be brave and make a card with NO SENTIMENT!  There is no stamping whatsoever on this card, which feels kinda strange, but I figured it was quite obvious that it was a Christmas card...wouldn't you say?!  If not, then I'm doing something very wrong!  ;)  The panel underneath the navy is a matt silver card which I actually LOVE!  The colour doesn't show up well on my monitor, it looks fine on my camera so maybe I just have a rubbish screen!  The snowflake has sparkles on, just to jazz it up a bit as it is a super CAS card, even for me!


I am cutting the Retro Sketches deadline a bit fine...what's new huh?!  Here's the sketch that you have only hours left to use!!...


...and the Festive Friday inspiration that I used but failed to join in on in time!...


The new challenge at Festive Friday is to create a holiday project (that's Christmas in England!) that includes a star - I think that should be pretty do-able - I'll try and actually make the deadline this time, it would help wouldn't it!!

That's all for now!  Thank you for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Navy; Create & Craft Mirror Card - Matt Silver
Stamps: NONE!
Ink:        NONE!
Other:    Spellbinders - Create-A-Flake 3; Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots e/f; Glitz It Sparkles; pearls

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!