Saturday 18 January 2014

A little love letter...

Hey, hey!

How are you all?  Enjoying your weekends I hope!  I can feel Mr. Mojo starting to re-appear which has pleased me no end ;)  Although, typically he turned up just before I'm about to go away for a week - I mean, talk about lousy timing!?  

I have made another girly card and I can't for the life of me work out where the girly-ness came from!!?  I think it was the doily and the soft colours from the new Curtain Call Challenge...


See!!?  Girly!  I have no idea who I am going to give this to - I'm pretty sure DOH would appreciate a slightly more masculine Valentine's card than this!!  That said, at least I made a card for a slightly more current event - unlike yesterday's Christmas card!

Despite being completely out of the norm for me, I really enjoyed making this card!  It has a pretty doily, an envelope made from patterned paper, a big pink heart, a SKEWED panel and glitter...it couldn't be any less me!  Maybe Mr. Mojo went visiting someone with the total opposite style to me and brought some inspiration back with him...who knows, but I quite enjoyed it :)


The 'love letter' actually slides out of the envelope...


...I guess you could write a personalised note on the back of it...that might be nice :)

And this is the gorgeous inspiration image from Curtain Call...yummy!!



Thanks so much for stopping by ;)










Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Pink Sorbet; K&Co - Best Of
Stamps: Hero Arts - Valentines Flourishes
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium; VersaColor - Old Rose
Other:    WOW! - Ebony e/p; Glitz It - Sparkles; Doily

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink, girly, sweet and yummy - your card is all that, and more! Your wee love letter tucked into the envelope is darling, and the doily (which sometimes I'm not sure about...I have a doily die that really deserves more love than I give it: thanks for the inspiration!), works here wonderfully! Maybe Mr. Mojo's return (I think he didn't stray far, given your previous cards...just went on a wee wander) and bringing with him 'pink' is a message that your 'norm' is a broader range than you realize! I think you "wear" pink incredibly well; it's pretty on you!! And whoever receives it (your sister, maybe?) will delight in truly how gorgeous it is! Hope wherever you're off to for the week, you're safe and having fun!! Hugs~c
    Oh yes - the "kisses" on the two Valentine's I made are shaped like Hershey kisses, which we have here in Canada/US. They're little 'blobs' of chocolate (of varying kinds), typically wrapped in silver foil, with different colours used, depending on the season. Chocolate kisses...fabulously decadent!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!