Sunday 20 April 2014

Retro Puff Power!!...

Hello, hello!!

I have made my first post over at WOW! Embossing Powder today!  Woohoo!   Thank you for all your lovely comments and congratulations - I love you guys :)

The theme for this month is 'Metal'.  How cool is this picture!...


I'm not going to lie, I was a little stumped to begin with.  I thought about using metal embellishments or making something to look like metal...but then I was cooking and the light bulb in my head pinged - tin foil!  It's a slightly unusual crafting material I know, but that's just how I roll...



and here's a close up of the cool Black Puff Powder in action...



Details of how it was made are over on the WOW! blog...have a mooch and check out the other DT samples while you're there - it's definitely worth a visit :)  Also, make sure you keep checking in as the DT post all month long!  



I used the sketch from this week's Retro Sketches for the inspiration for my layout - love this sketch!!  I think this one will be going into the archives and will almost definitely get used again!



Thanks for stopping by ;)










Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Teal, Pale Turquoise
Stamps: WOW! - De-Vine, Express Yourself; Verve - Sunny Days
Ink:        Versamark
Other:    WOW! - Black Puff Powder, Primary Fuchsia Fusion e/p; thread; pearls; tin foil

3 comments:

  1. Very cool card! And very clever of you to use tin foil! I have once embossed on tin foil... You have reminded me to try it again - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tin foil! As in tin. foil! How brilliant is this (glad your mind rolls that way!), and paired with the embossing images/powder, it's outstanding! Inspiration while cooking - too cool! Usually the only inspiration I get when cooking is the desire to be done asap, which explains why most of our meals are husband-prepared! Awesome card, Sian - once again, your style and flair are WOW!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!