Saturday 1 June 2013

A biker wedding...

Hello there!

On Friday night a good friend of mine asked me to make a card for his friend's wedding which was this afternoon.  When I asked him what the wedding colours were, he had no idea!  Hmm, helpful!!  The couple who were getting married both have Harley Davidson's, however and the grooms bike is black and turquoise so he decided that he'd like a card in those colours, so that's what I did :)

I don't know about you, but I find it difficult enough to make wedding cards (which I can only put down to the pressure of wanting to make something extra special for an extra special day!?) let alone making one for people I've never met!  Anyway, I gave it a go and this is what I came up with...


I have used this combination of die cuts for a wedding card before (for my best friend's wedding last year) and I think it looks pretty intricate without being too difficult to make - which is always a bonus!  

When I showed the card to my friend to make sure he liked it (although it was a bit late for him to say no as it's not like he gave me a great deal of notice!) he then told me that the brides bike is pink!  If I had known I'm sure I could've incorporated a bit of pink in there somewhere!  Hopefully she has had such a wonderful day that she won't notice too much :)

I am going to pop this card into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge which is 'Congratulations' this week.  This card is to congratulate the bride and groom on their wedding day so I think that counts!  ;)



Thanks for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - Black, White, Teal, Pale Turquoise
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    WOW! - Silver super fine e/p; Spellbinders - Parisian Motifs, Fleur De Lis Motifs; Crafty Ribbons
              - Silver seam binding; pearls

3 comments:

  1. Wow Sian, that was VERY short notice (typical male)Lol!
    Your card is fabulous - the turquoise and black combination is so classy, and I love how you used those gorgeous dies.
    Thanks for visiting my blog - Have a happy day - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I love the layered die cuts! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dimension on this card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!