Tuesday 11 June 2013

How time flies...

Hello!

I cannot believe it has been a whole YEAR since the birth of my darling other half's granddaughter.  Although she is not strictly my granddaughter, I am known as 'Nanny Sian' apparently which makes me so happy :)  (She is my granddaughter as far as I'm concerned - she's too adorable!)   Unfortunately DOH's eldest son and little family live in Australia so we have yet to meet little baby Madison, or not so little now as it would seem!

As we can't be there, this time, I have made her a card...of course!  Obviously, she is only one, a card is going to mean very little to her.  This in mind, I wanted to make something that would interest her, if only for a minute of two!  I have seen some people making shaker cards lately, and while I never thought I would make one myself...here we are!


Shaky, shaky!!  I am hoping that Madison will enjoy the fact that this card is slightly interactive and should keep her entertained for a moment or two :)  As we all know, I am NOT a  pink person, but even I quite like the pinks and purples on this card - it's all girly!  I wanted the seed beads to reveal the number 'one' showing her age.

I got the original idea to make a shaker card from Laura Bassen and this card, and more obviously was inspired by this card by Amy Wanford - the queen of the interactive card!!  Thank you ladies!  :)

So, here's wishing a happy first birthday to MY granddaughter!  We'll meet you soon darling!

Thanks for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Pink Sorbet
Stamps:  Verve - Hope Blooms
Ink:         VersaColor - Magenta, Old Rose; Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:     WOW! - Ebony e/p; acetate; seed beads; rhinestones

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!