Thursday 27 February 2014

Dragonfly dreams...

Hey guys!

How are we all?  I had such good intentions this week with regards to crafting - I was going to get caught up on all of the birthday cards, Mother's day cards and all the other cards I have to make...but alas, life never goes that way does it!  It turned into a super hectic week with another few on the way...but that's what keeps things interesting hey?!  :)

I did manage to get in before the deadline for The Paper Players sketch - which is a lovely CAS one so how could I resist :) and another go at the Catered Crop Recipe Swap - Good Birthdays.

I've gone monochrome with a touch of glittery embossing powder and a silver embossed sentiment...


This guy is pretty self-explanatory, so you'll be pleased to know that this is a super short, ramble free post today!  I'll try harder tomorrow if I can get a few more cards made!  ;)  Like I mentioned, the dragonfly was heat embossed using WOW's Clear Hologram Sparkle powder and so in real life he's super sparkly and looks like he might float away!  ;)

Here's The Paper Players sketch...


and Catered Crop...



Thanks so much for stopping by, and a great big thank you for all being so kind with your commenting...it really makes my day and I really appreciate you all taking the time to leave your thoughts ;)











Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, White Hammered, Pale Turquoise, Teal
Stamps: Verve - Hope Blooms; Clear Impressions - Wild & Free
Ink:        VersaColor - Silver; Papermania - Turquoise
Other:    WOW! - Silver Super Fine, Clear Hologram Sparkle e/p; rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. As always, Sian, lots of subtle texture and interest on your card, not to mention a talented design and impeccable execution!! This is winning and wonderful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another CAS beauty from you! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a crazy week at work (schools are sometimes very *interesting* places - and I'm not necessarily talking about only the students *grin*), it's wonderful to have some uninterrupted visiting time here at your site. Your shades of blue: eye-catching. Your silver sentiment: striking. Your dragonfly....eeeeee!! AWESOME! While I do arm-flap and side-step (or run, more like it) when real dragonflies flicker and hoover my direction, I still find them quite fascinating...from a distance. Yours captures beautifully the creature's elegance with its pretty delicate wings, and pearlized body. Love this card x 1000000!! Hope all is wonderfully well in your world!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite lovely, though I do share some of Carol's apprehension over dragonflies! Perfectly CAS. Great colors and a wonderful design. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful CAS creation. The dragonfly is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week, Sian!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!