Tuesday 8 July 2014

I don't believe in time...

Hello!

I'm back with another DT post for WOW! Embossing Powders and this month the theme is 'Time'.



This theme opens up a plethora of possibilities!!  As soon as I started thinking about it, the song 'Time' by Hootie And The Blowfish got stuck in my head and has been there ever since...hence the title of this post  :)

Despite the endless possibilities, I could not get the idea of a clock face to budge, so that's what I went with.  And, to me, birthdays are the measure of our lives in time - so I combined this with the clock face idea and this is how it went...


To create my clock face, I started by making a mask from printer paper with a circle die then stamped the WOW! De-Vine stamp in Versamark and embossed it using Calypso embossing glitter.  And, it would seem, Calypso is the colour of the month over at the WOW! shop - I love this colour, it covers really well with turquoise goodness and has a wonderful sparkle that my photography skills fail to convey in this image - sorry!  You'll just have to try it for yourselves to see what I mean :)

I hand wrote the sentiment onto my 'hands' - which is apt really!  It may not be obvious, but the sentiment is in violet to compliment the the turquoise.

A few pearls and some matting and there you have it - another card that took ages but looks like it took five minutes...which it might've done if only I'd had a plan when I started!  ;)

Thanks for taking the time to read this post - get your creative caps on now and I'll see you talented lot in the gallery!!

PS - Don't forget to keep checking back on all the other eye candy that will be provided by the DT throughout the month :)











Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Pale Turquoise, Teal
Stamps:  WOW! - De-Vine Background Stamp
Ink:         VersaMark; Windsor & Newton - Violet
Other:     WOW! - Calypso Embossing Glitter; pearls

2 comments:

  1. Stunning colors. I love how you made a mask. Very clever and one I'll add to my techniques arsenal. And thank you for posting your supply list. It's so helpful to know where to get something you really like that a designer has used. And your calligraphy is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and ever-so-clever; again, your creativity and inventiveness shine though every detail! The 'clock' concept works marvelously as a birthday card, and I'm loving the de-vine image you've used, paired with the 'hands'! Your calligraphy is, as always, perfection! The colours and sparkle...special eye-catching touches. Another 'infused with Sian's style card' to love...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!