Tuesday 21 October 2014

Blog Hop Fun!!...

Hello, hello!!

Over at WOW! Embossing Powder this week we have a special event going on - a collaboration with 3L Scrapbook Adhesives.  Today is Day 2 - if you missed yesterday then you need to get over there and check out the talent!  Don't forget to pop back in each day this week to see all of the DT's projects :)





Here are my cards using a combination of 3L's awesome adhesives and WOW!'s wonderful powders - what a match...made in heaven!



For this first card I embossed the background using the Vintage Wallpaper stamp and Metallic Gold Rich powder. I then die cut the trefoil pieces for the 3L 3D Foam Creative Sheets and used Metallic Gold Rich and Metallic Copper powders to create the central embellishment.  It gives a really lovely effect - it's so tactile and full of texture - I don't know why I hadn't tried it sooner!

Here's a wee close up...




I also made this second card...



I don't think I will ever need to buy embellishments again!!  I was really pleased with how well the 3L Dodz took the heat embossing.  I have experimented with opaque and the more translucent powders - they both give a fantastic finish.  The opaque powders create a more matt finish, akin to enamel dots, whereas the translucent powders give a higher shine and you can still see through the dots partly, like glass beads - awesome!




ETA - Completely forgot to add that this card was made based on the CAS(E) This Sketch sketch!  Doh!  Well, I've remembered now, better late than never!  (seems to be a recurring theme lately?!)



Thanks so much for stopping by!  ;)















Supplies - Card One
3L Adhesives - 3D Creative Foam Sheet
Spellbinders - Fleur-De-Lis Motifs, Parisian Motifs
Card - Paper Mill direct - White Super Smooth, Teal, Pale Turquoise
Ink - Versamark


Supplies - Card Two
3L Adhesives - Dodz
Spellbinders - Classic Edges Two, Classic Decorative Inserts Three
Ink - Windsor & Newton - Black

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And, of course, the rainbow dotted card is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties, Sian - each so different, but infused with your special touches! Love the elegance of the first; the fun of the second! Happy sighing over these lovelies...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!