Tuesday 28 August 2012

Viva La Verve - August Week 4 - CASS!

Hey guys!

I'm back with a Viva La Verve post.

Well, my attempting to post these in order has failed already!!  Ah well, I wouldn't be me if I did things in the order they were intended :)

I still have the cards for the Weeks 2 and 3 to make - I'm a bit scared as the sketch for Week 2 is not me at all!  Having said that, Week 4 is the 'CAS sketch' and I've gone all out of sorts!  Something most peculiar has happened to me lately and my cards are coming out all girly and dare I say it, almost shabby!!?  (Shabby for me anyway, I'm sure most people would still say that it's fairly CAS!) Actually, I think I am going to steal Julee's description for this style - CASS - Clean and [sort of] simple!  I think it's brilliant and it'll really catch on :)

Here's the sketch and my card for this week;




I can only apologise for the ABSOLUELY dreadful photograph!  The light here is astonishingly poor and it didn't matter what I did in good ol' Photoshop, the light situation could not be entriely rectified.  You should've seen the original photograph - c'est terrible!!

Anyway, like I said, this was supposed to be the CAS sketch - well, my card is anything but somehow!  I don't really know how it happened, it's not like me at all to keep adding layers and embellishments but I actually quite enjoyed it :)  I made the flower using cardstock and tracing paper - it gave a full look but was just transparent enough to not be too heavy or overbearing - I think anyway :)

Let me know what you think about my departure from the CAS - I'm intrigued to know whether I've pulled it off or not?!

Thanks, as always, for stopping by :)








Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, White Hammered, Sky Blue, Pink Sorbet, Sky Grey; K&Co - Best Of;
              tracing paper
Stamps: Verve - One Person, Great Friend, Notepaper PJ
Ink:        VersaColor - Cyan, Charcoal
Other:    WOW! Clear embossing powder; Spellbinders - Fleur-De-Lis Motfis; Tim Holtz - Tattered
              Florals Dies; Crafty Ribbons - Lemonade seam binding; doily, rhinestones, sewing thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!