Thursday 30 August 2012

Viva La Verve - Weeks 2 and 3

Hey guys!

This time I AM here with my Viva La Verve post!  This is a two-fer too :)

The sketch for Week 2;


I'll be honest - I was petrified when I first saw this sketch!  Look at it!  All layers and details and not me at all!  Well, after having a moan, I sat down to make my card and I was surprised at how easily it came together! 

Here's my card;


I know I didn't put the little ribbon trim along the bottom, but I just couldn't add anything more - it was starting to hurt!  :) 

Then there was Week 3;


I was really looking forward to this sketch, but typically, this is the one that caused me a problem!  Doh!  However, once I got into it, I felt better :)


My sister will like this card so I think it will be headed her way soon :)

Thanks for dropping by, as always it's much appreciated :)








Supplies

Card 1
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - Off White, Forest Green, Bright Red; Stampingallday digi paper
Stamps: Papermania - Let It Snow; Waltzingmouse - Flourishes-Dots and Scallops
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium; Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Barn Door, Vintage Photo
Other:    Spellbinders - Classic Scallop Edgeabilities, Labels 18; Crafty Ribbons - Greenbrier seam
              binding; doily, rhinestones; WOW! Apple Red embossing powder

Card 2
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - Off White, Pale Turquoise, Dark Brown; K&Co - Best Of
Stamps: Verve - Kind Words
Ink:        Distress Ink - Vinatge Photo, Broken China
Other:    Crafty Ribbons - Cream and Lilac seam binding; pearls; thread

1 comment:

  1. no wonder you wanted to cry when you saw this sketch there is an awful lot of detail on there, but somehow you've still managed to make it look clean! Great job!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!