Wednesday 27 February 2013

Retro Sketches meets Dynamic Duos...

Hey peeps!

I hope you're all well :)

I have a card today that is for two challenges that I've been meaning to get around to for a LONG time, but haven't had a chance to - until now!

These are the Dynamic Duos and Retro Sketches challenges.  The criteria for Dynamic Duos this week is Monochromatic - Teal Blues and this weeks' Retro Sketch is a 'pick your own' from all the historic sketches.  This was particularly handy as I haven't played along with any of them so I got to go back and choose my favourite one!



I chose sketch #30;

I love the simplicity of this sketch - I seem to have gone minimalist CAS lately, super simple.  It says a lot about me really doesn't it!  :)


I quite enjoyed being restricted to these two colours - it's a colour combination that I don't use enough!

I feel good now that I have managed to have a go at these two challenges, here's hoping I can have another go next week :)

Thanks for stopping by ;)








Supplies
Card:     White Hammered, Teal, Pale Turquoise
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Big Day Essentials
Ink:        VersaColor - Black
Other:    WOW! Ebony e/p; rhinestones

6 comments:

  1. This is CASlicious, Sian! Since we are just getting acquainted, it sounds like you have not always done CAS? You certainly have a natural knack with it. I totally love DD and being restricted to two colors. I like the 4/5 color challenges, too, but I find them harder most of the time. This card nails these challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very nice, Sian! I recognized the sketch right off the bat...you did a fab job with it! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm always a sucker for a CAS card. Love the sentiment on the top of the card!, great sketch. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty CAS card! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rhinestones in the CAS cards!
    your CAS I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!